Tuesday, June 10, 2008

TWD: La Pallette's Strawberry Tart

Last night for dessert we had La Pallette's Strawberry Tart, out of the Baking book, as chosen by Marie of A Year in Oak Cottage. It was delicious, but I will reserve this recipe for a very rare occasion.
The most important part of this dessert is the fresh, ripe fruit, and the lack of perfect fruit makes the dessert a waste of time. I don't have perfect fruit accessible at this stage in the season, so I left my strawberries to macerate in some sugar for a few hours. It helped a little. I thought I had some delicious strawberry jam to add to my dessert...but it has somehow disappeared
from my refrigerator and I cannot imagine what has happened to it...so I was stuck with Safeway brand strawberry jelly that must've been left behind by whoever stole my good stuff (seriously, I think I had a few jars of it! I'm doing a little crime investigation to get to the bottom of it.)
The recipe calls for a mix of fresh strawberries, high-quality jam, a dash of kirsch or other related liqueur, a sweet tart dough crust, and a topping of whipped cream or creme fraiche. I topped our dessert with some freshly whipped cream and added some ground almonds on top and called it good. It was simple, it was delicious, and if you have the freshest, most delicious strawberries of your life, this might be a good way to use them.

10 comments:

Susie Homemaker said...

ummm - every word of your post was jibberish - all symbols. Weird. But the pics look nice!

Jacob and Elizabeth said...

Thanks susie homemaker. That's really weird, because it showed up in Times font on my computer. I fiddled around with it; hopefully I fixed it. Hard to tell for sure, since it didn't appear in jibberish on my computer. Obviously I'm a little technically challenged.

Gretchen Noelle said...

Nice looking tart! (No jibberish seen here!)

Engineer Baker said...

No weird symbols here! Just a beautiful looking tart!

Rachel said...

I only see crazy symbols. But the pictures look yummy, nonetheless. :)

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

Ha! I'm glad things like disappearing jelly happen to other people, too. ;)

Rebecca
http://www.ezrapoundcake.com

Bungalow Barbara said...

Gibberish here, too. I took a look at the HTML source of your page and found the following:

style="font-family: courier new;font-family:webdings;

I think if you got rid of the part that says font-family:webdings; then it would work. Now, as to how to do that -- I'm afraid I haven't a clue.

Bungalow Barbara said...

P.S. but your pictures look great!

ostwestwind said...

Your tart looks beautiful

Ulrike from Küchenlatein

Jules Someone said...

Very odd text. But nice tart!